Rogue Warrior.

23 Mar 2014

She has been saved.
Not many abandoned animals are, but she was.


Keagan's employees had a customer go up to them, exclaiming there was a cat loose in the lumber section. They caught it, and brought her into an office.
They fell in love.

Keagan sent me a picture.


I fell in love.


I texted him back:


 I had this overwhelming love rush over me.
She needed to be here. With us.
I am not a cat person.
My entire family, and friends can attest to that.
I never have. We have had too many evil, scary cats growing up.
So naturally I became a dog person.

But I just had this feeling.
She needs a home.
She needed our home. 

She was matted on her legs, and so skinny.
They fed her in the office, and a few hours later, Keagan brought her home.

I was swooning.
She was so gentle, and loving.
Her throat was scratchy, like she hadn't drank water in days.
But her meow was so precious.
She can't be more than a year old.

She let Renner play with her, and attached to him and Roxy right away.
Renner fell in love. 
Roxy was ecstatic.

Her coolest markings are her grey fur, and strikingly green eyes.  
I have always loved grey cats.
I find them quite stunning.
But she has white paws. 
On the white patch on her left foot, she has a white stripe that 
wraps around all the way up her leg.
Almost like a sweet tattoo.

A very good friend of mine, Alyssa 
 (Which you should look at her amazing blog - I help her design it), 
came over and helped me get her acclimated to her surroundings.
We went to Walmart to get a few things for her.
When we came home she was missing.
Well, not missing, but sleeping in the closet.

We gave her more food, and water.
 Filled her litter box.
I didn't want to give her a bath right away.
I wanted her to kind of get used to her surroundings.

Alyssa looked up names, while we drank our slurpees.
A few good names came up.
Calypso, Bonquisha, Fredrico (Keagan called her that)..

Then Keagan sat deep in thought, and said the perfect name //

Rogue.

I had been thinking of Greek goddesses, Titans, DC & Marvel comics names.
But that fit perfectly.

She was a Rogue.


Rogue Warrior.


Our babies are Renner, Roxy, & Rogue.

So perfect. ❤️



Now, I have never owned a cat.
You should please tell me things I need to know.
The best food, treats, toys - Anything would be appreciated. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment