We Are Mormon Women.

29 Nov 2013

I am so full of excitement, and love for my mom and sister! They were featured on mormonwomen.com for my moms amazing will power of breaking the cycle of sex slavery in our family that has been going on for 4 generations. Now, I have talked about my sister, Stephanie, in past blog post, and have written about how she and her husband started Backyard Broadcast/Child Rescue, which sole purpose is to combat sex slavery, and how amazing the cause is, and how it hits home for us specifically, and this month she was interviewed by Mormon Women!                                                                                                                                                                      She talks about her conversion story, all about my mom's story, and about the foundation. It's quite an amazing read, and I'm not just saying that because I am bias. It truly is. My mother and sister are amazing women. My sister and I are 11 years apart, and I look up to her in so many ways. She is my best friend, and my idol. Growing up I may not have always appreciated her wisdom, and "motherly" ways toward me, but now I can't help but be in awe of her, and try to become more like her. My mom is my best friend also, and my hero. She did something for us girls that I will always cherish. She took us out of that lifestyle, and gave us a chance at doing something for ourselves; teaching us that our body belongs to no man, and that we can have more in life. I will always appreciate my Mom for teaching me that, and helping us know that we are loved no matter what. 

Now, growing up was difficult at times with my moms life the way it was. Life as a kid was different than most childhoods. We were taught to be more cautious, and to notice things that a 6 or 7 year old wouldn't even begin to think about. We weren't allowed to be near our friends dad's, or be alone with any boy when we were little, ever. Stephanie definitely had it way worse than me. My mom was still on super high alert, because she hadn't met my dad yet.. ha, well even then she was on high alert,  just more relaxed. But my dad changed her. Showed her real love, and what it was like to actually have a man who never laid a hand on her, and being kind and loving. Now my dad was far from perfect, but he was perfect for her. 


Anyways, read the article! I'm super proud of them both.
http://www.mormonwomen.com/2013/11/20/rescued-from-exploitation/

Steph - 32 / Me - 21
Steph - 11 / Me - 6 Months

No comments :

Post a Comment