Its Not About The Nail

11 Nov 2013

So today, Keagan and I got into a stupid little fight this morning.
It really was over nothing, but to my sweet little over tired brain it was huge to me.

I was in the "I Deserve" box mind frame, literally on the edge of tears, about to click it to Defcon 1 trying to get Keagan to understand what I was so mad about, and why I needed him to just hear me. But he just wasn't getting it! 

"STOP TRYING TO FIX IT. I just need you to listen, and validate what I'm saying to you!" 

Then very quietly, which is his "Imma bout to blow the freak up" voice, he says to me, 

"Kayla. You need to watch this video with me."

I was beyond irritated that he could be so calm, when I am most definitely NOT calm, and just all of a sudden change the subject on me that I replied, 

"NO Keagan. I don't want to watch a stupid video right now." 

But he, ever so annoyingly sweetly, insisted. 
I heaved a big sigh, slumped to the floor in defeat, and he handed me his phone to watch this video |



It's Not About the Nail from Jason Headley on Vimeo.


Needless to say I felt completely lame.
Of course he validates my needs, and loves me to the fullest.
Some days, I'm just a spaz, and completely in the right irrational.
Sometimes, I really do need to just listen to him as well, and let him take out the nail.
Mostly so my sweaters won't get snagged on it.

So yeah guys, we still like him. 
Needless, to say though, our fight was resolved.
By lots and lots of kissing. Obviously.
Whaaaat?! We're married with a new baby! Give us a break.
;)

No comments :

Post a Comment