Couch Love.

4 Jul 2013

Hello, my name is Kayla, and I am a bit of a Kijiji addict. 

But beside that awesome fact I found something marvellous on my favorite site. I have been scouring the interweb in search of the perfect chair to fit into our house. You see we only have one couch, and so when we have lots of people over they kind of end up sitting on the floor, and yeah.. Needless to say we were in desperate need of some "free" furniture. So the other day while I was on my hunt I came across the most beautiful sight.  
Were they possibly from the 1950s? Yes. Were they dirty beyond all reason, and in need of some suurrrrious TLC? Absolutely. But that didn't matter. They were beautiful. And they were about to be mine. So I emailed them asking how bad they were - ie. cat pee? - but they were golden. Just dirty, and need a good wash. Score! I'm definitely more in love with the chair; the couch is just extra goodness. I just need to rip open the couch cushions, and put new stuff inside, wash the cushion material, steam clean the couch and chair, and they will be PERFECT. I'll keep you updated on their process. It will be a long one - Thank you beautiful baby Renner. 
But here is a sneak peak of what they will somewhat look like in our house. Minus our living room table, and original couch - as they were moved to accommodate some recent Call of Duty: BO2 action gathering, and haven't been moved back. 
I'm so excited about my little reading corner. There will be a lamp pole that will be placed somewhere around there, because our living room, for some weird reason, is without a light. For now we just have lamps, or my favorite - candles. Which by the way did I mention I'm also addicted to those as well?

No comments :

Post a Comment