WHY.

12 Mar 2019

NO. 
its happening again. 
i can’t breathe.
i can’t think. 
all I feel is the pain. 

i was fine a second ago. 
i was laughing for hells sake. 
keags just told me the funniest joke while I
was just going to get water. 
+ it hit me. 

why is does this keep happening? 

i can’t move. 
i’m hunched over, holding onto the counter
trying to stay calm so I don’t push it over the 
edge, but also trying to not alert everyone in 
the living room what’s happening.

the razors are invisible but they’re there. 
the agonizing weight + pressure is invisible, 
but it’s there. 
threatening to press me down further into the 
rabbit hole of darkness + pain. 

why is this my life? 

my breathing is becoming labored + keagan 
just asked me a question. 
“I’m fine” I want to say but I can’t. 
if I break concentration I’ll break. 
the pain will flood in even more + I’ll drop the 
last of my reserve. the last of my will power to 
not succumb to it. 

I hear his footsteps now. 
+ my anxiety rises. 

why does this always happen when I was FINE A SECOND AGO? 

“baby, are you okay?” 

“I’m fine” I want to say but it comes out as a huff
he sees my fingers gripping the counter
for support. 

“let’s get you to the couch” 
he’s trying to lift me. 

“STOP” I finally say. 

“I can’t.. I can’t move. I need a minute.” 

“okay.. it’s okay baby. just breathe.” 

he’s running his fingers along my back.
whispering encouraging words to me.
but I can’t hear them. 

the worst passes for a short window + I 
squeeze his hand letting him know I’m okay to 
be moved now. 

he lifts me up + I scream. 
i’m holding him for support as he carefully 
leads me to the couch. 

why won’t this stop? 

I’m sobbing now. 
+ collapse onto the couch. 
“it’s okay, baby. take this.” 
he hands me medicine + water. 

why am I like this? 
I can’t do this for the next 40 years. 

ren comes out of his room + sees me crying. 
“mom, are you hurting? can I help?” 

why are my children so unlucky to have a mother who is broken? 

“I’m okay baby. go back + play.” 
I give him a weak smile beneath my tears. 

he walks over, slowly sits on the couch +
puts his head on my legs. 

“I love you mom. it’s going to be okay. just deep breaths.” 

I look at keags. 
he smiles at me + rubs the hair out of my face. 
he mouths, “I love you” 

why am I so freaking blessed to be able to be in this family? 

this story is a normal part of our day. 
somedays I can go without falling. 
somedays I have to crawl to get luna out of her crib. 
somedays I am able to dance, sing + play. 
somedays I am sobbing into my pillow wanting 
to die. 

endometriosis affects 1 in 10 women. 

it is insane to me that the average age of getting diagnosed is 27 years old.
i first started experiencing symptoms at the age of 12.
i was diagnosed at the age of 16 with stage four endo.

you are not crazy.
you are not invisible.
you are a beautiful, and do not deserve this.
but you are strong, and a badass.
you are loved. 
and you are NOT your pain.

never stop fighting.
even through the pain - we are WARRIORS.
never forget that. even through the flare ups + tears.




No comments :

Post a Comment