Mulitiple Me's.

19 Jun 2012

Keagan and I have been on and off with watching the show "United States of Tara" on Netflix, which is about a woman who is struggling to deal with her multiple personality disorder while raising her family, and it is quite hilarious. While we were watching it a few weeks ago he turns to me and says, "You know Sue, you kind of remind me of her...". I turn to gape at him, and he quickly backpedals by saying, "Well, not that intensely, but kind of. Sorta...".  Wowww, haha okay? Thanks? I think.... Oh the things my husband says without his filter turned on.

Now with that thought implanted, and roaming freely around in my head it got me thinking... What the freak did he mean by that!? So I casually bring it up one night while we were snuggling, and I just simply say, "Love... What did you mean when you said I reminded you of Tara?" He giggles and started to say he was kidding, but he stopped and looked at me and said, "You really want to know?" -- Well DUH! That's why I was asking silly kid. -- When I nodded he starts telling me all of these ideas that he has formed inside his cute head about my "alters".

He started saying how he pictures that there is 3 of me inside my head trained to handle certain situations. "There's Kayla, the serious but funny one; who loves wearing jeans and a t-shirt, and is pretty passive about everything; acts cool and quiet, plays video games, and watches movies. She's the domestic side of you. Then there's Sue, (which is my middle name) who is loud, carefree, laughs about everything, a bit dramatic, fearless and is willing to do anything, and every time I picture her I see sweatpants, an over sized shirt with no makeup on and with her hair tied up with a bandana wrapped around her head holding up the peace sign; she's your teenage side. Then of course, there's Nikki (which if anyone has ever seen the show Heroes, you know what I'm talking about) who is the scary, yet sexy side of you. She wears tight skirts, and high heels, flips out about the smallest stuff, gets jealous, acts provocative, is ruthless in a fight, isn't afraid to say what she is thinking - even if its mean, stands up for herself, rolls her eyes at everything, and to be honest is just plain scary, in an extremely hot way; she's your "dark side"."

Hearing all of that, and letting it sink in my curiosity starts stirring rampantly inside about which one he fancies the best. When asked he turns to me, and cradles my face and says sweetly, "Kayla Sue I love all of them. Simple as that. They each play a part in who you are, and how you handle certain things, and I wouldn't have it any other way. And besides I knew you were crazy before I married you." Ohhh I love this man! He definitely knows me better than I know myself because I would never of even begun to think of myself as having 3 different people take turns inside my head.

I've had some friends, and my family tell me I have certain "sides" they like better, but I never really paid attention. Its so funny to me that my husband figures it all out by watching a silly TV show.

Obviously, to anyone reading this, I do not have a multiple personality disorder. I am a girl, who has a lot of personality, with an amazing husband who puts up with it all.



Have you ever been accused of having multiple personalities? Or just being a girl in general, like me?

No comments :

Post a Comment