I'd Come For You.

23 Mar 2012

Well, tomorrow morning I'm off for 2 weeks down in the states visiting my parents without my beloved husband. You know, I didn't think it would be this hard being away from him for such a short time, but man it is HARD. This is the first time in 8 months, since we've been married and dating that we have been apart for this long. I think the longest time we have been apart was a week, and we both about died. I couldn't even imagine how military woman can handle their men going away for a year at a time. There is no way I could do that. 2 weeks is nothing compared to 2 months or even 2 years. Goodness. They are incredible people.

Keagan and I are O B S E S S E D with the series The Unit, which is fantastic by the way, (Another great show on Netflix y'all should check out.) but as I watch and see how the wives deal with their husbands having such secret lives, and having to deal with the insaneness of not having their emotion and physical support for months at a time is just craziness to me! I know I would be able to handle it if I was put in that position, but honestly if I had the choice to not be away from my husband for weeks/months at a time I would gladly snatch that opportunity right up.

Which brings me to my next thing.. A few weeks ago Keagan was given the greatest opportunity to sell security around Northern Alberta. I was kind of okay with it, because we would be making bank, and not have to worry about making it pay check to pay check.. But on the other hand being away from him for 4 months probably wasn't the best thing right now. So we started doing some serious praying and pondering whether or not that was the right choice for us, and it just wasn't. Not that I couldn't handle him being away for 4 months, but I just in rough shape for him to leave me here, or even for me to go travel town to town with him. And since I don't have my residency up here in Canada yet, so I would just be in bed the majority of the time. That just sounds like the road to the great depression to me. Well, lucky for us our family is the bomb diggity, and my sister's husbands best friend is the manager of another security company called Vivint, and they told us to give him a call and see what our options could be. So Keags did, and we had the best feeling. Our prayers were answered!

Our options were either staying here in Calgary, or traveling to Red Deer for the summer. Well, we do want to do some traveling around in our first year of marriage, even if it is just a couple hours away, so we decided to move to Red Deer. Its perfect because we'll living near family in Red Deer, as well as Calgary, and Edmonton, and if we ever needed anything, or if something happened we have support everywhere!

Heavenly Father has blessed us at every turn we make, and we are so happy! We'll be moving to Red Deer probably around the end of April or beginning of June. Either way we are stoked, and can't wait for a new adventure!


Song for the mood --
[I'd Come For You - Nickelback]

No comments :

Post a Comment